REFLECTOR: Almost ready to fly, again.

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 11:13:01 CDT 2013


It's the same strut as the Cozy Mark IV's.  Yes, it kneels so that it's easy for my wife to get in and out.  Wilhelmson's electric nose lift.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Scott Derrick 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:08 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Almost ready to fly, again.


  Doug, is that Cozy gear?  Is it a kneeler?

  Scott


  -------- Original Message --------
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Almost ready to fly, again.
  From: Douglas Holub <douglas.holub at gmail.com>
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Date: 09/02/2013 09:30 PM

    My plane has been in dry dock for 3 years now while I painted it, moved the batteries from the nose to beneath the back seat, replaced one of the Plasma IIIs with a magneto, and other miscellaneous changes I wanted to make after flying in primer for 135 hours.  The plane is 2.5 hours from where I'm working now, so I haven't been able to spend as much time on it as I would have liked.  But this weekend I finally got the magneto all hooked up and taxied around for about 20 minutes to get the oil hot, and took some pictures.

    So here's a few pictures of my simple paint scheme.  The stripes are painted, not decals. There's a big blue stripe down the middle of the bottom of the fuselage as wide as the one on the nose gear.  I thought it might make the plane easier to spot from the ground. 

    I won't paint another airplane because I'm not very good at it.  But I wanted to try it.  There's a lot of orange peel.  But now it's sealed and protected with that cross linked yacht paint.

    Doug Holub
    2009 Standard FG w/ electric nose lift

     

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 
God is universal; confined to no spot, defined by no dogma, appropriated by no sect.
Mary Baker Eddy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130903/b72861d6/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list