REFLECTOR: MT leading edge tape damage (Brett Ferrell)

Dave T Nelson dtnelson at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 3 11:01:00 CDT 2013


Hey, Brett!

I've had to replace my tape before... MT uses a 3M tape product that I've
gotten from them in the past ($$$), but that you could probably purchase
elsewhere.  I'll dig up the PN next time I'm out at the hangar and send it
to you.

Dave

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering

----- Message from Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> on Thu, 29 Aug
2013 14:26:24 -0400 -----
                                                                       
      To: reflector at tvbf.org                                           
                                                                       
      cc: Dave Nelson <dtnelson at us.ibm.com>, Terry Schubert            
          <jschuber at juno.com>                                          
                                                                       
 Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: MT leading edge tape damage                   
                                                                       

The picture didn't come through originally due to TVBF size restrictions,
but it's not really in the stainless (which is just on the very edge), but
there is this additional tape-like material, which I think is for abrasion
resistance... I'm trying to decide how critical that is - can I just JB
Weld it, or should I remove the tape, repair the prop, and install new
tape.  Picture attached.

--
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com



On Mon, Aug 26, 2013, at 03:29 PM, Mark Magee wrote:
      Brett,
      If its the SS leading edge, then yes, repair with JB Weld.

      Mark B. Magee
      N34XL XLFG
      Sent from IPhone 4S


      On Aug 26, 2013, at 8:15 AM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com>
      wrote:

            I found a couple of nicks in my MT prop on the leading edge
            tape (not
            actually the leading edge).  I'm tempts to just fix it with JB
            weld, but
            was wondering how important the tape is.  Should I have someone
            remove
            the tape, fill the nick, and replace the tape, or is JB Weld
            fine for
            this?

            Brett
            --
            Brett Ferrell
            reflector at velocityxl.com
            _______________________________________________
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130903/5eac55e0/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list