REFLECTOR: Avionics, autopilot and instruments for sale (was Need Transponder Recommendation)

Glenn Babcock glennbabcock at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 27 09:06:01 CDT 2013


John,

If you use an ADS-B transponder to broadcast your position, then you will receive ADS-B traffic from ground stations when you are in range.   From the SkyRadar site:

A current limitation of the FAA's ADS-B implementation is that their ground stations will only transmit traffic data (including radar traffic data) when they receive data from a minimum of one ADS-B transmitting aircraft within range. Therefore, an ADS-B Receiver equipped aircraft may not see traffic data even if there are other aircraft in the area if none of the aircraft are equipped with ADS-B transmitters.

I had the SkyRadar before I had the TT22, and in the terminal airspace around Charlotte I now see many more aircraft than before. 

You can use the iPad if you use the SkyRadar app.  I use ForeFlight and it doesn’t work with that, but of course I can see the traffic on my HXr.  I don’t know if there are any other apps that are compatible.  

Regards,
Glenn


On Oct 26, 2013, at 5:40 PM, aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:

> Thanks, Glenn and Larry.  I'll look into this.  I have the SkyRadar.  How does this work with the transponder?  Can I use my ipad for display?
>  
> John
> 
> --- glennbabcock at roadrunner.com wrote:
> 
> From: Glenn Babcock <glennbabcock at roadrunner.com>
> To: Velocity list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Avionics, autopilot and instruments for sale (was Need Transponder Recommendation)
> Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 13:03:32 -0400
> 
> That’s just what I did.  The TT22 was $2200 without the head, plus $850 for the SkyRadar (ADS-B in).  The TT22 with the head (which doubles as a digital encoder) is $2499 from GRT.
> 
> Regards,
> Glenn
> 
> Regards,
> Glenn
> 
> 
> On Oct 26, 2013, at 11:51 AM, Lawrence Epstein <ljepstein at hotmail.com> wrote:
> 
> If you are willing to spend more, you can get a brand new Trig T-22 which is Mode S & ADS-B out for ~$2200. If you have the GRT Horizon Hxr, you can save a few hundred more and leave out the control head (controlled through the GRT).
> 
> Larry
> 
> 
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Glenn Babcock <glennbabcock at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> John,
> 
> I just upgraded my panel and have a Garmin/Apollo SL70 transponder with Trans-Cal SSD120 digital encoder for sale, $900 for both.  Includes tray and full documentation including installation instructions.  
> 
> To install this you will need some aircraft-grade wire, crimp connectors and a crimping tool.  I can provide the wire and connectors and can loan you the tool.  Since the encoder is digital the wiring is simple, just power, ground and 2 serial connections.
> 
> Physically the face is a bit shorter than the Collins (1.3” vs. 1.625”) but the same width.
> 
> If anyone is interested I also have for sale:
> - S-TEC 50 2-axis autopilot with turn-coordinator, includes servos, pitch sensor, harness (proper lengths for a Velocity), hardware, ST-901 GPS Steering ARINC-429 interface
> - Sigma-Tek 4000C vacuum directional gyro with autopilot heading bug output, 14v lighting (pre-wired for above)
> - Apollo ACU GPS/NAV switch, vertical, 14v
> - Aerosonic Altimeter Model 101720, 14v lighting
> - United Airspeed Indicator Model 8030, 14v lighting, marked for Velocity RG
> - United VSI Model 7000, 14v lighting
> 
> Please contact me for pricing on the other items.
> 
> Regards,
> Glenn
> 
> 
> On Oct 26, 2013, at 9:34 AM, <aminetech at bluefrog.com> <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
> 
> 3 years ago my Collins TDR 950 transponder quit working.  An avionics shop told me it couldn't be repaired and sold me a refurbished one for $800, ($1200 including parts/labor).  It lasted 3 years and another avionics shop has not yet determined if it can be repaired.  So I can buy another TDR 950 on ebay, or try something else which will require re-wiring (how involved would that be?)  I'd like it to fit in the same space if possible.
>  
> John
> 
>  
> This message was delivered by BlueFrog.com. For the best email, please visit http://www.bluefrog.com
> 
> If you believe this message is spam, please report to abuse at bluefrog.com.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>  
> This message was delivered by BlueFrog.com. For the best email, please visit http://www.bluefrog.com
> 
> If you believe this message is spam, please report to abuse at bluefrog.com.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131027/7bb3aa76/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list