REFLECTOR: Engine install pictures
Peter Braswell
peter.braswell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 08:09:09 CDT 2013
Reiff,
Certainly. I actually was thinking about this after I sent out the email
... I should have told you all what I was installing.
Here are the particulars:
Plane: SERG
Engine: IO-360
Prop: MT w/Hydraulic governor. The governor is on the COP side of the
plane.
Configuration: Conventional controls (center stick and engine controls on
the P side.
The factory suggested that we just run the control cables down the tunnel
which we've done. I've got a pretty good idea of where the brackets mount
and what they look like, but I'm seeking pictures to verify. The mystery
to me is the induction stuff. According to the factory, there is no
supplied airbox, inlet or anything like that. That's all up to the
builder. They suggest using SKET (sp?) tubing, not SCAT tubing as the SCAT
tubing could collapse if the inset wires pull out of the liner.
Anything that you all think would help me get a handle on this would be
greatly appreciated!
All the best,
Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Reiff Lorenz <Reiff at lorenz.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Can you tell me what engine you're installing? Normal throttle location,
> or do you have side sticks & center throttle?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Reiff Lorenz
>
> Sent from my phone; please excuse the brevity.
> ________________________________
> From: Peter Braswell<mailto:peter.braswell at gmail.com>
> Sent: 10/24/2013 8:34 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Engine install pictures
>
> Hi all,
> So I'm in the middle of installing my engine doing my best to blissfully
> ignore all the chatter about the difficulties involved with getting
> insurance.
>
> What I was wondering was if anybody has any good pics of the air induction
> system and some detailed shots of the control cable routing.
>
> I have looked at the pics on the velocity site, but I was wondering if
> anybody has any additional to augment those.
>
> Many thanks,
> Peter
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> "It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com<http://www.zuluworks.com>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131025/28419f60/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list