REFLECTOR: Anybody recognize this airplane?
Reiff Lorenz
Reiff at Lorenz.com
Tue Oct 22 15:25:55 CDT 2013
>> TO BE SOLD AS_IS for PARTS ONLY<<
You'd want to de-register it and remove all the identification marks. As long as it still looks like an airplane you built, there's a chance that someone can get their FSDO to re-register it as an airplane that you built.
There are no disclaimers or contracts that prevent a passenger's widow from suing the "manufacturer" of an airplane years after it was sold, even if someone specified that it was for parts only. I believe that some insurance (maybe the EAA policy?) carries liability coverage after you sell the plane for as many years as you had insurance with them (If you can get insurance with them), so some folks may be covered post-sale.
If I can't get that kind of ongoing liability coverage, I fully expect that when I lose my medical I'll sell my engine avionics, and airplane parts for whatever I can get. If someone wants to "build" a new plane with a different registration number and name themselves as builder, I figure I'm off the hook.
Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 49% complete
Currently working on: Vanity bulkheads
Velocity Owners and Builders Association
http://www.velocityowners.com<http://www.velocityowners.com/>
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of jeff findarle
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:56 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Anybody recognize this airplane?
I would just sell it as I do a used car. TO BE SOLD AS_IS for PARTS ONLY. No need to take it apart.
TEAM JEFF,
Jeff Findarle, GRI & Darin Heckel
Realtor Realtor
AllStar Realty
575 N main St.
Heber City, UT. 84032
Jeff's Cell 435-503-0514
Darin's Cell 435-671-3957
Off. 435-654-9440
Fax 435-654-9437
Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
Don't Lose it, Sell it!
On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:53 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net<mailto:numa at comcast.net>> wrote:
I guess if you have enough assets, scrapping an aircraft could be less expensive than dealing with the lawyers of a subsequent buyer.
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Richard J. Gentil <richard at naples-air-center.com<mailto:richard at naples-air-center.com>> wrote:
I am sure there is but I was not going to press the issue.
Richard
Sent from my iPhone 5 Classic
On Oct 22, 2013, at 1:38 PM, Dave Philipsen <velocity at davebiz.com<mailto:velocity at davebiz.com>> wrote:
Wow, there's got to be more to the story than that! You sell a plane just because the prop is starting to delaminate?
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD FG
N83DP
On 10/22/2013 12:24 PM, Richard J. Gentil wrote:
Hi Brett,
The N number is N9159Z. The MT Prop started to delaminate at the root so they decided to just sell the plane. The sale does not include the prop for that reason.
The guy I spoke to said it was a really nice flying plane without issues, other then the prop that is.
If anyone is interested in the plane they could call 252-799-8718.
Richard
Sent from my iPhone 5 Classic
On Oct 22, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com<mailto:reflector at velocityxl.com>> wrote:
Yea... sorry.. the point is, I can't tell the owner or the N number... any clues??
--
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com<mailto:reflector at velocityxl.com>
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 08:56 AM, Kevin Baker wrote:
Make it so - I agree remove it
Kevin Baker
.
On Oct 22, 2013, at 7:39 AM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com<mailto:reflector at velocityxl.com>> wrote:
Looks like it's being parted out, and I'd like to remove it from my database.
http://www.barnstormers.com/listing.php?mode=usersearch&user=122602
<barn.jpg>
--
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com<mailto:reflector at velocityxl.com>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131022/a3a176fe/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list