REFLECTOR: Idiot buzzer

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 13:12:23 CDT 2013


Sometimes my door is ajar but never a jar.


From: Scott Derrick 
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:12 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Idiot buzzer


Yeah, or a voice like the "Your door is a jar"!!!!

Scott


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: Idiot buzzer
From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 10/08/2013 10:56 AM

  Yeah, I was thinking of something more pleasant, like the chime one hears when the door is open on their car with keys in the ignition.

  On 10/8/2013 11:53 AM, Scott Derrick wrote:

    You could just hook up a buzzer that is on whenever the master or ignition is on.  Mount it in the engine compartment.  WHen the engine is running  the buzzer is overwhelmed by the engine noise, when the engine is not running you can hear it.  You'd want some way of defeating the buzzer if you were working on the plane and needed the electrical system on.

    Scott


    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: [c-a] Re: COZY: 24 Volts VS 12 Volts
    From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
    To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
    Date: 10/08/2013 10:14 AM

      This brings to mind an interesting idea.

      I'm running electronic EFI/IGN as well as magnetos.  I have had two instances where I shut down the engine, but left the ignition hot.
      Scott mentioned hearing the beacon, but with my setup, there's no sound off the strobes, and I'm wondering if I should install a quiet siren that makes noise whenever I leave the switch on.  A Loud 100dB busser is not what I'm looking for.  Something that would be a gentle reminder that you can hear when the engine is not running.

      On 10/8/2013 11:02 AM, Don Johnston wrote:

        Yep. On my Cessna the beacon is never turned off. In 15 years I've never left the master on. The strobes are turned on/off is when I enter/exit the runway.  


        Since my Velocity won't have a beacon, I'm planning on using the nav lights the way I'm currently using the beacon (always on). 




        On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

          I worked for a company that had the policy of never turing off the beacon/strobes.  

          It was a great reminder if you left the master switch on! Worked too, you could both hear and see it from outside the plane.

          Scott


          -------- Original Message --------
          Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: [c-a] Re: COZY: 24 Volts VS 12 Volts
          From: Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net>
          To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
          Date: 10/08/2013 09:46 AM

            It's so much easier to just not leave the master switch on. :-)




            On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

              Next time you land at a small airport without an FBO and you accidentally drain your battery by leaving a master switch on you'll see just how long it takes to find someone who can recharge your 24 volt battery.


                It will take just a little longer until you find a second car and hook up in series.


              There are so many ways for that scenario to go wrong!

              Scott
              _______________________________________________
              To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

              Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
              user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
              Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
              Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




             

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Aesop
          _______________________________________________
          To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

          Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
          user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
          Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
          Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




         

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

       

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 
Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
Confucius
     

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

   

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 
One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null word."
Robert A. Heinlein

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131008/ecd8c6b6/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list