REFLECTOR: Franklin Oil temp and flow data

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Nov 10 20:19:08 CST 2013


Okay, I'm going to channel Larry Coen, and the Franklin threads that go 
*WAY* back.

Today the stars aligned and I was able to measure oil flow through the 
oil coolers.



Oil flow (blue) max is 3.5 GPM using a book calibration factor.
RPM (green) is divided by 10.
Pressures (red and orange) are in PSI
Coolant temp (brown) is more like block temperature (uncalibrated). I 
put a sensor in an oil plug hole.

It was about 70F today, not that cold.  The oil flow is just very 
strange.  It didn't start flowing until nine minutes into the flight, 
and I don't think it's a sensor problem because the coolant temp leveled 
off after it started flowing.  If this data is correct, I'm not getting 
enough oil through my cooler.  The specs on the cooler are for 7gpm, and 
I'm barely half there.  Yes, I'm having high oil temp problems.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131110/b3d1cb12/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: fjjajegb.png
Type: image/png
Size: 132124 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131110/b3d1cb12/attachment-0001.png>


More information about the Reflector mailing list