REFLECTOR: Trig TT31 Transponder Installation

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Fri Nov 8 11:20:19 CST 2013


John,

Signal ground - many times, serial interfaces have a separate ground vs. power gnd.   On the uEncoder - it's on the DB-9, pin 1 - same as aircraft gnd.

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 6:45 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Trig TT31 Transponder Installation

I haven't verified, however at the gps end the serial in and out are a twisted pair, so I think it's likely.  For sure there's a wire connected to pin 7.  Assuming I don't need this, the Trig instructions call for a twisted pair for serial connections.  What will the other wire be doing?

John

On 11/7/2013 11:42 PM, John Tvedte wrote:
John,

I believe the serial IN on the uEncoder is used for the optional RMI compass module.  Are you sure the Serial IN on the uEncoder is wired to the GPS?  On the DB-9 connector, Pin 7, is the Serial IN.

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of aminetech at bluefrog.com<mailto:aminetech at bluefrog.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:56 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Trig TT31 Transponder Installation

I'm getting ready to install my TT31.  My RMI encoder serial out goes to my gps.  I will reroute that to the transponder and use the repeater from the transponder to go to the gps.  I see that the "serial in" to my encoder is connected.  I assume that comes from the gps and I want to use that line to go to the transponder for ADS B out.  Can I split the gps serial out and go to both the transponder and encoder or can it only go to one or the other?  What function does the gps serial to the encoder provide?

Thanks,

John


________________________________
This message was delivered by BlueFrog.com. For the best email, please visit http://www.bluefrog.com

If you believe this message is spam, please report to abuse at bluefrog.com<mailto:abuse at bluefrog.com>.




_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131108/69f5986a/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list