REFLECTOR: trim motor control
Geoff Gerhardt
geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:25:12 CST 2013
Don,
I'd use something like this instead:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-40V-10A-Pulse-Width-Modulation-PWM-DC-Motor-Speed-Control-Switch-13KHz-NEW-/251356345922?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a86017642
It will give you more control of the motor speed and run the motor at
whatever voltage it is designed for.
Geoff
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm in the process of wiring the trim motors and I've been wondering about
> something for a while:
>
> The trim motors are 24v motors. It is my understanding that the choice of
> a 24v motor on a 12v electrical system was done to have the motor run at a
> slower speed than an appropriately rated motor would. And that this allows
> better trim control. I don't know if this is accurate, it's just something
> that I heard.
>
> My issue is that I have a 24v electrical system. I've looked for 48v
> versions of the trim motors but they were either unavailable or way too
> expensive.
>
> So I'm looking at a 28v-14v step-down converter.
>
> But before I pull the trigger on that purchase, I was wondering if:
>
> 1) My understanding of the 24v motor on a 12v electrical system was
> correct.
> 2) If anyone has come up with an alternative to slowing down the motor
> speed which would save me from installing a step-down converter.
>
> Thanks,
> Don
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131106/7775f31f/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list