REFLECTOR: Prop for IO360

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 06:31:10 CST 2013


I have two Catto fixed pitch props.  One is a newer design of his and its a
66x74, the other is an older design and is a 64x76.  I'm ashamed to say
that I still can't really tell you the exact performance differences
between them.  The 64x74 gives a higher static (~2300) than the 66x74
(~2100), so it gets me off the ground a bit quicker.  But at higher
altitudes it seems to be able to give the same cruise speed because when I
go LOP and lower power, it can still spin the prop at 2700RPM.  So, both
props give ~175kts cruise at LOP (at 10,000').  Every weekend I tell myself
I'm going to put each prop on and do a more comprehensive heads up
comparison, but something always comes up.

I've got a SE-LW RG with a 200HP IO-360, one mag, one LS EI.

Geoff



On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM, <paulamberg at wi.rr.com> wrote:

> I've kept a lot of notes over the years, discussed with Scott Swing and
> finally worked with Craig Catto who just delivered my 3 blade 66" dia 72"
> pitch for my short wing, fixed gear, std fuselage elite, with the 200hp
> IO360 C1C. the goal was to get 200mph at 2750rpm.
>
> He's been making a few tweaks to the blade shape to improve speed in the
> higher rpm range, might be worth your time to give him a call.
>
>
>
>
> ---- jerry at jlbent.com wrote:
> >  I have a top loader short wing with an IO360.  I purchased it about a
> year
> > ago and wondered what prop is usually chosen.  This has a 64 x 75.  Does
> > anyone know if this is cruise prop?
> >
> > Jerry Brainard
> > Jerry at JLBEnt.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131105/d69dbbf7/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list