REFLECTOR: HPN

Lawrence Epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 10:38:06 CDT 2013


I am based @ HPN.

You must contact approach first (from any direction or altitude). If you
call the tower, they will just send you to approach.
126.4 or 120.8.
If you are coming in from ~3:30-6:30 PM, the frequency will be jammed, so
start trying ~15 miles out.
If coming in from the west (or NW/SW), plan to head to the Tappan Zee
bridge and descend to 2000 ft by the time you get there. (Stay below class
B). If coming from North East/New England, just head to BDR, 2000 ft by
Stamford.

Larry Epstein

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Scott Baker <scottb33333 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tower direct if below 3000' and clear of Class Bravo is an option.
> I would suggest however, obtaining radar services from New York Approach.
>
> Scott Baker
>
> On May 30, 2013, at 10:01 AM, John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
>
> > Tomorrow I'm flying in to HPN.  Can I contact the tower directly or do I
> need to go through approach?  I seem to remember hearing something to that
> effect.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130530/8c936244/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list