REFLECTOR: Boost fuel pump switch

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at Roadrunner.com
Tue May 28 13:41:36 CDT 2013


Thanks Don. I learn something every day

From: Don Johnston 
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:36 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Boost fuel pump switch

The Continental IO-550N uses a two-speed electric fuel pump. The high setting is used for priming and emergency operations. The low setting is used for takeoff, landing, vapor suppression, switching tanks (not applicable here, obviously), etc.


On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Lou Stedman <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com> wrote:

  I am curious. What situation requires low or high fuel pump. I am flying a IO360 and there is only one speed.

  From: Don Johnston 
  Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:16 PM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Boost fuel pump switch

  Yep... That's a progressive. Down = both side off. Middle = One side on, Up Both sides on. 

  That's not going to work. 




  On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM, John Franks <jfranks45 at gmail.com> wrote:

    Here's one variety.
    http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=61790




    On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:

      This is a minor thing, but then again, it all about the minor things, right?

      I'm starting on the wiring and I'm looking at the fuel boost pump. It's got a high and low setting. Usually controlled with a standard SP3T switch (ON-OFF-ON) with down = low, middle = off and up = high. 

      I would like to have my switch so that down = off, middle = low  and up = high. My logic (flawed as it may be) is that I would like to visually and tactically verify that everything is off by having all the switches in the same position (down).

      This would typically be accomplished with a progressive switch. However with a progressive switch the line which is "low" is switched on in the middle AND up position. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for the Dukes pump, but I'm guessing when "high" boost is needed, only the high line should be switched on. Not the high AND low.

      Does anyone know if such a switch exists that would accomplish this goal?

      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130528/e0daef4d/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list