REFLECTOR: In pursuit of speed

Dave T Nelson dtnelson at us.ibm.com
Sun May 12 09:53:31 CDT 2013


Ha - I'll bet those tack welded pipes were the mock up I sent him!

Dave

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering



From:	reflector-request at tvbf.org
To:	reflector at tvbf.org,
Date:	05/11/2013 09:21 AM
Subject:	Reflector Digest, Vol 98, Issue 44
Sent by:	reflector-bounces at tvbf.org



      From: Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>
      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
      Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:19 AM
      Subject: REFLECTOR: In pursuit of speed

      Guys,

      I contacted Clinton at Custom Aircraft Parts.  Turns out he was just
      going through his warehouse a week ago and came across a set of tack
      welded pipes for a IO-360 Velocity.  He sent me pics, and it looks
      like they will work.  So, I may have a set pretty quick.

      Does anyone have any experience swapping wings b/w Velocities?  If I
      could find a set of normal SE wings and swap out my 173 wings?  Does
      anyone have a set of SE wings kicking around?  173 wings are
      essentially XL wings, right?  If so, perhaps there's someone out
      there building an XL who would like a set of fully completed wings
      and I could just buy a set of fast build wings from the factory.  If
      I got 15kts out of swapping wings, I'd do it.

      Geoff


      _______________________________________________
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130512/6978ceb9/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list