REFLECTOR: In pursuit of speed

geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Sat May 11 09:17:32 CDT 2013


I'm half-way there already, just don't have the high compression pistons.  EI and balanced injectors, tho.  That mostly helps with leaning it out, tho, and getting good fuel economy.  My GAMI spread is very low with everything balanced well.  With the EI advancing the ignition, I can safely run LOP.

I saw the same used Mooney turbo kit forsale when I did a search.  He's in Boston, too (I'm in MA).  Looks like it was from last year, but I'll contact him.

I will likely go ahead with the exhaust, anyway.  A relatively inexpensive and easy mod.  A turbo kit would be a much larger project.  In addition to some speed gain, I think the inside-the-cowl-rear-exiting-exhaust would also help with cooling.  Both by plugging the exhaust holes in the cowling that may be a source of lower-cowling pressurization, bit also the exiting exhaust would likely create a lower pressure in the cowling to draw out the cooling air, as well. 

Thanks.

Geoff

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
Sender: reflector-bounces at tvbf.orgDate: Sat, 11 May 2013 07:52:04 
To: Mike Dawson<medawson250 at yahoo.com>; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list<reflector at tvbf.org>
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: In pursuit of speed

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list