REFLECTOR: In pursuit of speed

Mike Dawson medawson250 at yahoo.com
Sat May 11 08:33:17 CDT 2013


Geoff,

Scott B. is right. If you are in to that much time and money for speed, I would ditch that climb fix pitch prop,  and go constant speed. If that doesn't do it for you then Turbo charge. You will find your speed at altitude!

Mike,
N104DD


________________________________
 From: Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:19 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: In pursuit of speed
 


Guys,

I contacted Clinton at Custom Aircraft Parts.  Turns out he was just going through his warehouse a week ago and came across a set of tack welded pipes for a IO-360 Velocity.  He sent me pics, and it looks like they will work.  So, I may have a set pretty quick.

Does anyone have any experience swapping wings b/w Velocities?  If I could find a set of normal SE wings and swap out my 173 wings?  Does anyone have a set of SE wings kicking around?  173 wings are essentially XL wings, right?  If so, perhaps there's someone out there building an XL who would like a set of fully completed wings and I could just buy a set of fast build wings from the factory.  If I got 15kts out of swapping wings, I'd do it.

Geoff

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130511/ae3e3701/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list