REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 98, Issue 29

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 10 15:04:42 CDT 2013


Also a good reason to ceramic coat inside & out: cowl and exhaust lasts much longer, keeps heat from radiating inside cowl, which also means inducation tubes run cooler, which means you go faster. 
 

--- On Fri, 5/10/13, Scott Baker <scottb33333 at gmail.com> wrote:


From: Scott Baker <scottb33333 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 98, Issue 29
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: Friday, May 10, 2013, 2:49 PM




A Velocity owner in Spain decided to route exhaust through the wing.  Aircraft burned up during flight.  Pilot did not make it.
Scott B.


On 5/10/2013 7:52 AM, Dave T Nelson wrote:


Yes, I remember seeing that too at Oshkosh.  The builder had created a channel through the wing for the exhaust.  I can't remember if it was two or one pipes - but I do remember thinking... Jeez, do I really want that hot exhaust gas going through my wing???  What happens if that long (Long!) pipe breaks???  Just sayin'....
  
Dave

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering



-----Inline Attachment Follows-----


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130510/6655ff9a/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list