REFLECTOR: Velocity move-out
Don Johnston
numa at comcast.net
Wed May 1 19:52:18 CDT 2013
We have GOT to get the map back!
I just flew back from Sacramento this morning.
-Don Johnston
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Douglas Holub <douglas.holub at gmail.com>wrote:
> **
> Sad to see you go, Keith. I know this project has been your passion. I
> look forward to seeing Dick's plane someday, because there will be a lot of
> you in it.
>
> Doug Holub
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Keith Hallsten <keithhallsten at quiknet.com>
> *To:* 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
> *Cc:* Dick Harpster <dick at centralsecuritync.com>
> *Sent:* Wednesday, May 01, 2013 11:16 AM
> *Subject:* REFLECTOR: Velocity move-out
>
> Yesterday I met Travis Holland and Dan Fast at the Lincoln Regional
> Airport north of Sacramento to load up the mostly-complete XLFG kit for
> delivery to its new owner on the opposite coast. It’s quite a process,
> using a trailer and rigging system developed by Scott Swing and Travis. It
> ends up with the fuselage (with engine installed, in this case) pointed
> forward with a roll of approximately 45 degrees to the right, the wings
> tucked along either side with the winglets overlapping in front, and the
> canard strapped to the deck under the left side of the fuselage. Getting
> the fuselage to that position in a controlled manner was an interesting
> process!****
>
> ** **
>
> I wanted to say thanks to all of you who provided information and advice
> on the project over the past decade or so, and wish each of you the best
> with your project or plane. The Velocity community is a great asset to
> builders!****
>
> ** **
>
> The new owner of the project is Dick Harpster of Pinehurst, North
> Carolina. I would expect him to be popping up on this list with questions
> as he begins the “education and recreation” of completing the plane. I may
> lurk for a while more, but I expect to be dropping off the radar on this
> list in a few months.****
>
> ** **
>
> Regards,****
>
> ** **
>
> Keith Hallsten****
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130501/d27d2b16/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list