REFLECTOR: Thrustline change

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:59:35 CDT 2013


David,

In straight and level flight the canard is at a positive angle of attack and 
when the elevator is up 1/2" it is close to zero angle of attack which is 
quite efficient and also normal.

Larry Coen
N136LC

--------------------------------------------------
From: "David Ullman" <ullman at robustdecisions.com>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 12:29 PM
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Thrustline change

> When I cruise with only me in the SEFG I have to put in 1/2 inch of down
> trim (elevator up) or more.  This is clearly inefficient.  I already have
> 18lb of lead in the nose and don't want to add more.  A friend suggested
> shimming the top of the engine mount for a little downward pitch moment. 
> I
> sort of like the idea but am worried that it might increase my take off
> distance as it will drive the canard downward a little.  He thinks it may
> help as the engine thrust line is slight more upward.
>
> Any thoughts or experiences?
>
>
> David Ullman
> N444DX
> President EAA 292
> 541-760-2338
> david at davidullman.com
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 


More information about the Reflector mailing list