REFLECTOR: Flight to Toronto

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 10:58:55 CDT 2013


Bob,

The camera was mounted on the wing at the base of the winglet using one of
the sticky-pad mounts that come with the GoPro.  I don't trust the suction
cup mounts - I have several of the sticky mounts on the plane in different
locations as they're very low profile when the camera is not mounted on
them.

Geoff

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Bob Jackson (Jax Tech) <
bobj at jaxtechllc.com> wrote:

> ** ** ** ** ** **
>
> Great video, Geoff!  It was almost 'like being there'!****
>
> ** **
>
> I flew in and out of the ****Toronto** **City**** airport last summer --
> cool airport and great place to fly to!  The only part I didn't like about
> my trip was getting the bill afterwards from ****Canada****'s FAA
> equivalent for the air traffic control services I had received.  I forget
> exactly how much or exactly what for, but I got several little bills for
> the service that I had to pay.****
>
> ** **
>
> Gives you a glimpse into what some are trying to do here in the states.  I
> don't mind paying for services rendered, but doing it service-by-service
> and bill-by-bill is way too messy and inconvenient.  I like it better just
> adding a few cents to every gallon of gas we buy.****
>
> ** **
>
> Just curious, Geoff -- how did you have your camera mounted to the
> winglet?  Suction cup, or something else?****
>
> ** **
>
> Bob Jackson****
>
> N2XF****
>
> ** **
>  ------------------------------
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Geoff Gerhardt
> *Sent:* Monday, March 25, 2013 10:56 PM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* REFLECTOR: Flight to ****Toronto********
>
> ** **
>
> Guys,****
>
> ** **
>
> My plane has been flying great so it was time to take it on a long flight.
>  I'm Canadian and plan to visit my folks (I live in MA, they live in ****
> Saskatchewan****) this summer.  I've been researching flying to **Canada**,
> prepared all the things I needed and decided to take a trip up to ****
> Toronto**** on Sunday, just for lunch.  It was a nice long flight that
> would allow me to go through the border crossing process.  It was an
> excellent flight.  Heavy overcast over most of upstate NY, but we were at
> ~10k' and it was clear sailing.  I get a steady 150kts LOP burning
> ~8.3gal/hr.  Going there, we were bucking a bit of a head wind, but on the
> way back were clocking ~180-185kts GS.****
>
> ** **
>
> Not sure if any of you have flown into ****Toronto** **City** **Airport***
> *, but its quite a treat as you'll see in the video.  The plane performed
> perfectly, was a very comfortable flight, ~2.5hrs each way.****
>
> ** **
>
> Here's a video I put together of the flight:****
>
> http://youtu.be/OnKzl4Cneyw****
>
> ** **
>
> Geoff****
>
> ** **
>  ------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2012.0.2240 / Virus Database: 2641/5703 - Release Date: 03/25/13*
> ***
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130326/77b08d08/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list