REFLECTOR: Second First Flight Today
dennis.doc
dennis.doc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:01:33 CDT 2013
Experimentals require tenacity, Brian. Way to hang in there! One question.
Please refresh our memory - did your gear hold up in the corn field, or did
you retract and slide?
Dennis Martin
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM, Kurt Winker <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Congrats Brian... Stay vigilant and focused.
>
> Kurt
>
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Mar 24, 2013, at 22:01, Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote:
>
> > Four years ago, I had my first flight on March 28th, which ended up in a
> cornfield due to an engine out.
> >
> > Today, I had my second first flight. I've been battling a list of
> squawks, and finally got most of them ironed out. I made two flights
> today, with the first one cut short because of high CHT's. I landed and
> discovered a disconnected colling duct to the plenum. I fixed that, and
> went for a second flight. I cut that one short because I thought the smell
> of smoke was getting stronger. I think there's some RTV and other
> materials that are just outgassing, and will make odors until they are good
> and baked. After that flight, I was just too tired to go up again, and
> called it a day.
> >
> > I still have some issues to address, but the important thing is that now
> I can actually begin working the flight tests. I think I'll change my sig
> to test pilot now.
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130326/a9b6c8e1/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list