REFLECTOR: intake air

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 09:06:11 CDT 2013


Patrick,

Here's an intake scoop I was looking at mounting on the bottom of my cowl.
 Cheaper and smaller than most of the Harwoods.
http://www.racecomposites.com/induct31.htm

Geoff

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Patrick Sieders <pjsieders at comcast.net>wrote:

> Hello All,****
>
> ** **
>
> Running without a filter is asking for trouble. Too much abrasive ‘dust’
> in the air to damage your expensive engine.****
>
> ** **
>
> I am going to install a RAM-air scoop on the bottom myself. I am planning
> to use a Harwood airscoop, for several reasons :****
>
> **1.       **The RAM Air effect might help.****
>
> **2.       **Since cooling is an issue on these canards, extra cooling
> will be helpful. The scoop will enhance cooling from below.****
>
> **3.       **3. I also have a turbo on my IO-540J4A5, mounted below the
> engine. That can use some cooling as well, and since it’s low I need to
> create space, which means opening up the bottom cowling anyway.****
>
> ** **
>
> I will be filtering air for my breathing machine, since it is low to the
> ground, and just as I said earlier : give it clean air to breathe !****
>
> ** **
>
> Gr. Patrick****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Patrick & Dana Sieders****
>
> 7244 Sugarloaf Drive****
>
> Nashville TN 37211****
>
> ** **
>
> Tel. 615-250-2304****
>
> Cell P. 615-918-2698****
>
> Cell D. 615-918-2699****
>
> ** **
>
> Email. Js3201 at comcast.net****
>
> Http://www.sieders.com/sieders****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Kathy Cook
> *Sent:* Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:31 PM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* REFLECTOR: intake air****
>
> ** **
>
> my 2 cents worth!   to feed any  internal combustion engine anything but
> filtered air is just plain stupid.   the other thing is to get any"
> "boost"in manifold pressure f.rom ram air is very iffy due to great
> varibules  ie  airspeed and altitude. air  must be taken from a high
> pressure area . after much trial and error,  I am able to get   between  .3
> and .7  psi  positive pressure depending on speed and altidude, and this is
> downstream of the air filter.I cans discus some options  @ 530 878 2002***
> *
>
> Lynn Cook  SERG****
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130322/5918d915/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list