REFLECTOR: Avionics bus switch
Don Johnston
numa at comcast.net
Tue Mar 19 06:50:04 CDT 2013
Yes, I've been on Aeroelectric for quite a while. And it's Bob "Nuckolls".**
I was looking for what other builders are doing.
-Don
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net>wrote:
> Aeroelectric.com has discussed this issue before. If you have yet to
> discover this resource run by Bob Knuckles, I suggest you spend some time
> there.
>
> Chris.
>
> Sent from my iPhone 5
>
> On Mar 19, 2013, at 2:13, "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
>
> Most of the time having the avionics on won't be a problem. However if
> you have a difficult start due to cold weather or a low battery, the low
> voltage could cause you to lose stored data. After this happened to me,
> I've always turned my engine monitor on after engine start. I don't feel a
> need to have engine data for the 1st few seconds.
>
> John
>
> On 3/18/2013 7:37 PM, Don Johnston wrote:
>
> Because of institutional memory, OWT, etc. I'm trying to decide how to
> handle the avionics bus.
>
> Since the first day I sat in an airplane, I've always been told to never
> turn on the avionics until the engine is running lest to fry all the
> expensive, delicate, precious electronic devices. Then again, I was also
> told to never run LOP, land without flaps, or taxi faster than an
> 80-year-old man can walk. :-)
>
> Since I'm going to have all the engine info on GRT displays, there is no
> way to see the actual engine information unless the avionics are on before
> engine start.
>
> So how are you guys getting engine info in a pure electronic panel
> environment? Separate, clean, protected bus for avionics? Ignore it since
> it's an OWT? So other solution?
>
> -Don
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130319/e6c4d92c/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list