REFLECTOR: Avionics bus switch
Don Johnston
numa at comcast.net
Mon Mar 18 19:37:57 CDT 2013
Because of institutional memory, OWT, etc. I'm trying to decide how to
handle the avionics bus.
Since the first day I sat in an airplane, I've always been told to never
turn on the avionics until the engine is running lest to fry all the
expensive, delicate, precious electronic devices. Then again, I was also
told to never run LOP, land without flaps, or taxi faster than an
80-year-old man can walk. :-)
Since I'm going to have all the engine info on GRT displays, there is no
way to see the actual engine information unless the avionics are on before
engine start.
So how are you guys getting engine info in a pure electronic panel
environment? Separate, clean, protected bus for avionics? Ignore it since
it's an OWT? So other solution?
-Don
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130318/755eee96/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list