REFLECTOR: pole question: air/oil separator
Don Johnston
numa at comcast.net
Fri Mar 8 07:04:47 CST 2013
Geoff,
Can you post the info on how you run the breather tube out to the trailing
edge?
-Don
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>wrote:
> I followed Rene's advice and put my breather exit out the trailing edge of
> the wing. Works great - now messy streaks on the cowling. Bit of oil
> residue on the prop, but nothing too significant. Simplest solution yet.
> I tired a breather, but (maybe I didn't have the right one) it added back
> pressure that caused some crank seal leakage. I don't have any pictures
> with me, but Rene posted one awhile back. If anyone's interested, I can
> take some pics next time I'm at the hangar.
>
> Geoff
>
>
> On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Rene Dugas <renedugas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have one. Much less messy.
>>
>> Sent from Rene's iPad. A pleasure. Go Apple.
>>
>>
>> On Mar 3, 2013, at 8:07 PM, numa at comcast.net wrote:
>>
>> > Do you have or not have an air/oil separator installed?
>> >
>> > And for those that have not, how bad is the mess aft of the breather
>> tube?
>> >
>> > Don Johnston
>> > XL-RG w/Cont IO-550N
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> >
>> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130308/74517a9f/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list