REFLECTOR: Electrical system - basic components

Patrick Sieders pjsieders at comcast.net
Sat Jun 29 09:13:09 CDT 2013


Reiff,

I have been working on my elec. System. I would certainly plan on paper first, and work through every possible scenario. The more components, the higher the difficulty.

Are you, and/or others, planning to attach it right to the bulkhead, or you fabricate a simple panel?

Gr. Patrick

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Reiff Lorenz <Reiff at Lorenz.com>
Sent: June 29, 2013 08:55
To: reflector at tvbf.org <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Electrical system - basic components

 
I'm starting work on the electrical system. I could use some recommendations on what to purchase (or how to make) these items and where you installed them:
 
·         Main bus
·         Main ground block
·         Firewall ground block
·         Avionics ground
 
I'm going to use the Vertical Power system for switching & circuit breakers so a combination bus/CB system won't be necessary. Should I just buy some copper bar and drill screw-holes in it? Is there a good, basic bus product that works well? Where did you mount it and how did you protect the power buses from accidental grounding?
 
Thanks!
 
 
Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 45% complete
Currently working on: Mounting the battery, main contactor, starter contactor, and RG control system.
 
Velocity Owners and Builders Association
http://www.VelocityOwners.com
 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130629/3986c522/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list