REFLECTOR: Position Light Wires

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Thu Jun 27 14:56:54 CDT 2013


Back in the days of true strobe lights with the high voltage power supplies
it was necessary. But unless you've got something like that, shielded
cabling isn't really necessary.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM, <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:

> All,
>
>  Quick question on Position Light wires.
> I am getting ready to put the wings back on after WAY too much time
> painting & buffing.
> Looked in the manual and Knuckols book, and can not find the answer to
> this.
> Is there need to use shielded wires for the Position lights Only, within
> the wing?
>
>  I could run standard wires,
> I could run separate shielded power/ground wires
> I could run a 16G shielded wire using the center as Power and the Shield
> as Ground.
> (the power feed down the duct IS a shielded wire.)
>
>  All will transfer the power of course, just curious about possible whine
> in the radios due to the power line running near the antenna wire.
>
>  Input please.... Need to get these big mutha wings on while I have a
> luxury day off :)
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Kurt
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130627/02f06dac/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list