REFLECTOR: Fw: Re: [VOBA Forum] re: Annual Velocity Cookout
Jeff Barnes
jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 25 10:16:49 CDT 2013
--- On Tue, 6/25/13, Jeff Barnes <jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
From: Jeff Barnes <jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [VOBA Forum] re: Annual Velocity Cookout
To: forum at velocityowners.com
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hey Velocity Folks,
Want to outsource the cooking and contribute to a great cause, you might consider joining the rest of Canard Aviators at the Aviation Explorer Base Camp facility, north side of field next to CAP HQ. Been eating there Wednesday evenings for years. See how the other half lives.
Base Camp has an actual kitchen, make great Hamburgers/hot dogs, chili, baked Beans, desserts, etc. The Explorers themselves do a miriad of thankless jobs around AirVenture from sunrise to sunset, and get a week long immersion into grass roots aviation.
Canard Aviators have been kicking in $5 a plate (plus whatever you want to add) to support the explorers and been having a good old time inside their reasonably large, banquest table equiped Mess tent.
Who to talk to ? Try Terry Schubert for Central States Assoc (Canard Aviators), or just post query on Canard Aviators.
Regards.
Jeff Barnes
--- On Tue, 6/25/13, Main Forum <forum at velocityowners.com> wrote:
From: Main Forum <forum at velocityowners.com>
Subject: [VOBA Forum] re: Annual Velocity Cookout
To: "jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net" <jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 9:44 AM
Posted by: Mark T Riley on 6/25/2013 at 9:39 AM
Sorry if I misunderstood. I understood from your email and conversations with others that you were running the cookout. I mentioned you only to thank you and to give you credit for doing so.
If you are not organizing it this year say so and we will regroup. I will help with set up and food prep. In past years many people show up early and set up takes very little time. I will also try to compile the attendance list.
Mark
Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 25, 2013, at 9:50 AM, "Main Forum" <forum at velocityowners.com> wrote:
Posted by: Reiff Lorenz on 6/25/2013 at 8:42 AM
Mark,
I admire your enthusiasm, but you're jumping the gun, here. I'm certainly willing to help with all of this, but for you to publicly proclaim me the organizer and pick the time and place without other people's input is getting ahead of ourselves.
Everyone,
Mark and I have started looking into options for the cookout. It is more complicated this year because lots of the folks that have previously spearheaded the cookout (Andy, Brett, Mark) have completed their planes. Some of them are flying in this year (what we builders all dream of!) so will have limited ability to shop, grill, and bring stuff.
If we're going to have a cookout this year we need to quickly determine
1. Can we come to a consensus on having the cookout at the usual time/place: Wednesday at 10th and Elm? I'm renting a trailer at that location and will have sun shades. I welcome any other Velocity owners/builders to camp nearby. (Reply to the forum with your approval of the cookout location or a better option THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO ARRANGE.)
2. Who is willing to help? If you're willing to show up an hour early to help set up, willing to serve as grillmaster for an hour, or can make a shopping trip on Wednesday afternoon, please send me a message (reply to this forum or email Reiff at Lorenz.com).
Once we have determined when and where, I'll get an event sign-up list going.
Thank you all for your input!
Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 45% complete
Currently working on: Oshkosh!
Velocity Owners and Builders Association, LLC
http://www.velocityowners.com
You have received this message as a member of: Velocity Owners and Builders Association
View Online: Click here.
Reply: By email, or online (click the 'View' link above)
Change preferences (including opt-out): Online Profile
You have received this message as a member of: Velocity Owners and Builders Association
View Online: Click here.
Reply: By email, or online (click the 'View' link above)
Change preferences (including opt-out): Online Profile
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130625/aa159459/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list