REFLECTOR: Brake line inserts

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Jun 16 23:46:50 CDT 2013


I bought some stainless tubing.
Get the stuff that has an OD only slightly larger than the Nylaflow ID.  
Used mostly for syringes.
Minimum order is a foot, but you'll never need to buy any more again.
Cut off in .5" lengths and press it into the end of your Nylaflow.

On 06/16/2013 10:57 PM, nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:
> One thing to keep in mind. There are actually 2 different 3/16 
> nylaflow sizes. The one from the Factory has a thicker wall thickness, 
> consequently uses a different insert. I ordered some from Spruce once 
> and found them different. Best bet I think would be call the factory 
> and get the right stuff.... The thin walled from ASS just seemed too 
> thin.
> Kurt
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Cc: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Sun, Jun 16, 2013 9:50 pm
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Brake line inserts
>
> Hi Jack
> I think there are a few diff types/sizes
> I think I ordered some and they didnt look right.
> I then ordered some from velocity wich worked well
>  Just my 2c
> Kevin Baker
>
> .
>
> On Jun 16, 2013, at 10:35 PM, "Jack Prock" <jackprock at wavecable.com 
> <mailto:jackprock at wavecable.com>> wrote:
>
>> Which ones are the ones that we use.... I would think it would be the 
>> 3/16".
>> Jack
>> *From:* Tom Falls <mailto:tomfalls6 at gmail.com>
>> *Sent:* Sunday, June 16, 2013 6:38 PM
>> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
>> <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
>> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Brake line inserts
>> Search "brass insert" at wicks aircraft.com <http://aircraft.com/>. 
>> They have them for 1/4" and 3/16" nylaflow
>> for $0.72 and $0.77 respectively.
>> Tom
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Jun 16, 2013, at 8:38 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net 
>> <mailto:numa at comcast.net>> wrote:
>>
>>> I got my extras at McMaster Carr (is there anything they don't sell?).
>>> I think I have some extras. How many do you need?
>>>
>>> On Sunday, June 16, 2013, Jack Prock wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi,
>>>     Does anyone know where I can find more brass line inserts for
>>>     the nylaflow brake lines?
>>>     I need a few more and can't seem to find them on line anywhere.
>>>     Jack
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit 
>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
>>> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
>> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
>> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!www.tvbf.org/gallery  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives:www.tvbf.org/pipermail  <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
> Check old archives:http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130616/f5672eb7/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list