REFLECTOR: Does anybody know of a Std Velocity with a IO-540?
Mark Magee
edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 07:34:40 CDT 2013
Particularly if you have to launch heavy in a high density altitude. I'm at just under 1,900' MSL at KBBD and routinely get a 5,000' plus plus density altitude in JUL -SEP in the afternoons. I have trips planned to ABQ and Santa Fe NM. Big engine and CS prop probably mandatory up there JUL-SEP.
I am on a 'personal' weight reduction program to aid my personal density problem as well as my density altitude problem.
Mark B. Magee
N34XL
Sent from IPhone 4S
On Jun 12, 2013, at 6:45 AM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:
> Cato makes great props, but it seems that many folks with the 540 eventually answer the siren call for a CS prop. We flew ours (XL) with the Catto for a couple of years, and it performed well, but we got tired of worrying about flying our more portly friends on hot summer days. Climb was good, as was top speed, but the acceleration is night and day. Sometimes that's a big deal, sometimes not. Just something to think about.
>
> Brett
> --
> Brett Ferrell
> reflector at velocityxl.com
>
> "I will... uphold, defend, and preserve the Constitution of the United States of America" - job description of the President as codified in his oath of office
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013, at 09:39 PM, Don wrote:
>> Does anybody know of a standard Velocity with a larger engine such as a
>> IO-540? I know the weight of the IO-540 is around 80-90 lbs heavier
>> than a IO-360, but I would think that with a CATO propeller on a IO-540,
>> this would be a good overall performer. Any comments?
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130612/536c7441/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list