REFLECTOR: Gear annunicators - Poll

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 17:07:41 CDT 2013


I designed my enunciators so that the green light flashes while the gear is moving.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Scott Derrick 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:59 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gear annunicators - Poll


  I like the , gear down, gear unsafe, pump on, lights. All lights off if gear up and pump off. 

  Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:

  I'm working on designing my annunicator panel and I'm stuck on the gear indicators. I've got the "Gear Down" part, but I can't decide about the... not down part. 

  Other planes I've flown have had different approaches.  Such as in addition to the "Gear Down", they would also have a "Gear Up". 

  Some have "Gear Down", "Gear Up" and "Gear In Transit" (AKA "Gear Unsafe").  

  While others have "Gear Down" and "Gear In Transit". The absence of either being an implicit gear up. I see the advantage of this method being that in flight with no problems, there are no indicators on. 

  Just wondering what others think about gear lights.

  -Don Johnston





------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130609/78a536b0/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list