REFLECTOR: Gear annunicators - Poll

Carl Hoffman hoffman3 at rcn.com
Sun Jun 9 16:26:24 CDT 2013


Mine is blue light AS less than 80-85 knots. Upper green nose down/lock. Lower green main down/lock. Red pump running. If blue light on pump will not retract.


Sent from my iPad.


On Jun 9, 2013, at 9:01 AM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

> I think no light is best for up, less distraction at night.
> 
> I would never use the same color for up and down, that seems like a recipe for confusion.
> 
> Scott
> 
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gear annunicators - Poll
> From: Richard J. Gentil <richard at naples-air-center.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 06/08/2013 04:38 PM
> 
>> I used the lower green for gear down and locked and the upper green for gear up. The two reds I used for gear unsafe and pump running.
>> 
>> Richard
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone 5
>> 
>> On Jun 8, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:
>> 
>>> I'm working on designing my annunicator panel and I'm stuck on the gear indicators. I've got the "Gear Down" part, but I can't decide about the... not down part.
>>> 
>>> Other planes I've flown have had different approaches.  Such as in addition to the "Gear Down", they would also have a "Gear Up".
>>> 
>>> Some have "Gear Down", "Gear Up" and "Gear In Transit" (AKA "Gear Unsafe").
>>> 
>>> While others have "Gear Down" and "Gear In Transit". The absence of either being an implicit gear up. I see the advantage of this method being that in flight with no problems, there are no indicators on.
>>> 
>>> Just wondering what others think about gear lights.
>>> 
>>> -Don Johnston
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> -- 
> Leave no stone unturned.
> Euripides
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list