REFLECTOR: Prop dia

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 5 16:27:34 CDT 2013



Ron, 
 
I had the same concern in my 173 FGE. Talked with a factory rep. Was told that I could (probably should) move my thrist line upward 2" from the plans. That bought 4" more prop...which I needed for my V-6. 
 
I was also told I could move my maing gear axles downward up to about an inch if there was enough material on the legs. This is because you end up cutting off the bottom of the legs anyway. I moved mine down about 3/4" 
 
My FG is about 2" taller than the RG aircraft anyway. 
 
I asked just what clearance I should aim for at the prop. I was told that 8" is acceptable, 9" is better. Some run it down to 7" but that can result in more FOD pickup. 

My setup results in 8.75" of clearance for my 76" IVO. 

Hope that helps. 

Color sanding the wings. Hope to have them back on thiss weekend. 

Kurt 



 
-----Original Message-----
From: Ron N VelocityXLFG <velocityxl at fastmail.fm>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wed, Jun 5, 2013 3:16 pm
Subject: REFLECTOR: Prop dia


I have a 72 dia prop on my  XLFG I am going to try a 76 inch Dia Ivo 
ropeller  and  I am a little concerned with the clearance . Seems
ike I have plenty even with a high rotation angle. Is there any other 
oncerns or advice out there for this configuration.
Ron
______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130605/1e6261b8/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: photo.JPG
Type: image/pjpeg
Size: 97774 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130605/1e6261b8/attachment-0001.bin>


More information about the Reflector mailing list