REFLECTOR: N151AJ first flight
jeff findarle
flynfindarle at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 00:34:44 CDT 2013
SO cool
TEAM JEFF,
Jeff Findarle, GRI & Darin Heckel
Realtor Realtor
AllStar Realty
575 N main St.
Heber City, UT. 84032
Jeff's Cell 435-503-0514
Darin's Cell 435-671-3957
Off. 435-654-9440
Fax 435-654-9437
Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
Don't Lose it, Sell it!
>________________________________
> From: Jeff Barnes <jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net>
>To: Velocity Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:37 AM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: N151AJ first flight
>
>
>
>Congrats!
>
>
>
>________________________________
> From: Andrew Ellzey <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com>;
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>;
>Subject: REFLECTOR: N151AJ first flight
>Sent: Thu, Jul 25, 2013 5:46:23 AM
>
>
>N151AJ, Velocity XLRG made its first flight late this afternoon at 7:50 pm
at ROG, Rogers Arkansas airport. I was pilot in command for this first flight
which lasted 1/2 hour. My aircraft flew quite well, my flight controls were very
light, any adverse movement came from me not the aircraft. Once I lightened up
on the control inputs, it flew like a dream. I climbed to 1000 AGL and stayed in
the pattern for several circles around the airport, watching all engine
indications for any problems, and just getting use to the light flight controls.
I opted to leave the gear down for this entire flight, didn’t want a gear up
landing on my first flight. I really had to fight the temptation to pick them
up. My #5 CHT bumped redline, which I have set to 450F, (Lycoming IO-540
operators manual states 500F MAX) once or twice, early on after takeoff. I was
however able to lower the nose and cool it down pretty quick. After this initial
redline it seemed to fall in line with the other cylinders, maybe 20 degrees
higher than the others. I have two oil coolers in series, one in the front,
standard Velocity nose NACA scoop, and one in the rear. I had already completed
two high speed taxi test about 40 minutes earlier, so everything was already
warmed up, before I even taxied to the end of the runway, oil temp was already
about 230F before I started my take off roll. My Oil temperature quickly cooled
down to 210 degrees and stayed there through the whole flight. I did a go
around on my first landing attempt, a last minute gust at the end of the runway
pushed me off to the left side of centerline, in about a 15 deg.
crab. I probably could have saved the landing, but elected to do a go around to
try it again. Second time was a charm, touching down on both mains straight down
the runway, I even held the nose off for a light touchdown. Yea it surprised me
also. I forgot to save the flight data on my BM EFIS One, so my memory will have
to do for this first flight. I had my wife video this first flight, but either
my camera, and or her unsteady hands make some of them too bad to share. This
link should allow everyone to view the takeoff and landing.
>
> http://www.seagateshare.com/share/seagatedasbackup/share/velocity-man/N151AJ%20Velocity%20Reflector%20share/
>-----------------------------------------
>Andrew
Ellzey
>479-631-2851 (Office)
>479-531-5139
(iPhone)
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130725/18fda309/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list