REFLECTOR: Insurance Question

Grover McNair grover at mcnairperformance.com
Mon Jul 22 11:24:30 CDT 2013


You might contact Dick Kenney with Sutton James Aviation Insurance. He
handles my insurance. (919) 545-3040 rkenney at suttonjames.com
I did have about 600 hours, got hull insurance, had factory training (10
hours required), no prior claims.
Grover McNair

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 11:29 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Insurance Question

I know a couple guys having problems getting insurance as co-owners of a 
Velocity STD RG.

They both have about 350 hours TT, with 100+ complex.

Nobody appears willing to offer them a quote?  Per their story they are 
being told 500 or 1,000 hrs TT minimum?  I'm having a hard time 
believing this?

Anybody here recently get a "new" insurance policy for their RG with 
similar or less hours?  Geoff just posted he got a policy last year with 
100 hrs TT.

A few relevant questions...

How many TT and complex hours did you have when you got the policy?

Did you get Hull insurance?

Did you take the factory training?

Have you ever had a prior claim?

Who did you get your policy with?

I would greatly  appreciate any info, posted here or sent to me directly 
at scott at tnstaafl.net.

I will anonymize anythign I forward to the two guys searching for a policy.

thanks,

Scott


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list