REFLECTOR: LED Light Project Finished
William Walker
blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 19 13:40:59 CDT 2013
Just to clarify my pictures on the last post: the last 6 pictures are "LEDs OFF and ON" shots of the same 3 aircraft positions on the ramp.
Brian, sounds like you have some excellent lighting ideas. My normal landing light is a HID and I love it for those last 5 seconds before touchdown, but due to it's downward angle, it's not much good for anything else. Strangely, the new LEDs aren't as impressive from the inside looking out as they are from the outside looking in (or up). They're very good and dim-able, but just not blindingly bright like they are from the outside view. I guess that's a good thing, since my night flying accounts for about 1% of my total hours.
I wish these new generation, powerful LEDs were around when I was conceptualizing my plane. Oh well, retrofits are always possible.
Here is a fun shot of these lights mounted on my main gear-door standoffs. I really, really wanted to keep them there but they flooded the inner upper surfaces of the canard so much it ruined my night vision. Talk about lighting up the fuselage, though. Whew.
Bill
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: GOPR0291.jpeg
Type: image/jpg
Size: 80631 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130719/9f9f3987/attachment-0001.jpg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list