REFLECTOR: wonky oil temp readout
Ruben Creus
ruben at vainneg.com
Thu Jul 18 10:22:37 CDT 2013
What a coincidence, I had the same issue starting a week ago. I crimped the
same one a bit tighter and seem stable now. Will see. Let me know is its
gets solved on your.
Ruben
_____
From: Scott Derrick [mailto:scott at tnstaafl.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:23 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: wonky oil temp readout
thanks Don, I suspected a connector, but when it got solid again I doubted
my suspicion.
I have to change out a egt probe this weekend and will check the connector
on the probe..
Scott
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: wonky oil temp readout
From: Don Johnston <mailto:numa at comcast.net> <numa at comcast.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
<reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 07/17/2013 03:45 PM
I had that exact same behavior on my O-540 about six months ago. It was the
inline spade connection. Cut off the old connectors, crimped on new ones and
it's been steady ever since.
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:
on my last flight the oil temp got a bit higher than normal on climbout
after a quick turnaround, the engine was hot on takeoff.
I was watching it because the Dynon showed in in the yellow, which I've set
at above 210.
I saw it at 212, looked elsewhere for a bit, looked back and it was at 34!
It then proceeded to jump around between 15 and 150 for 5 minutes or so...
The oil pressure was fine as was everything else so I figured a loose wire..
Then a few minutes later I looked back at the engine monitor and solid as a
rock it was 210, and slowly came down to 195 as I was in cruise mode. Which
is what it should do.
hmmm... Id rather it jumped around the rest of the flight. Loose
connections are fairly easy to find and remedy, but self healing readouts
are not.
Anybody else see something like this? I haven't flown again to test if I
can get the oil above 210+ to see if it will do it again. If it does I'd
guess its the sensor.
Scott
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door
will be opened to you.
Jesus Christ
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130718/120d1415/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list