REFLECTOR: Mogas

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 8 11:31:39 CDT 2013


The fuel lines in our airplanes can be anything that we want and since auto supply stores sell fuel line that work with any fuel cheap, why use "aircraft certified" that requires 100LL?

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: Kurt Winker 
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:42 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Mogas


Nowhere in there did I see where he checked to make sure it was ethanol free! Damn big mistake. I have been running "clean" MoGas in the Cherokee 235 and the cub. Never a problem...but I check EVERY batch before I put it in an airplane. I have had stations say there was no ethanol, only to find it in there...I have also had stations that were previously clean, find out they got a load with Ethanol in it.... 
I have also had this fuel in the Velocity tanks for some time with no problems.. 


Kurt... 

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 3, 2013, at 15:40, "dennis.doc" <dennis.doc at gmail.com> wrote:


  Anyone had this happen? Let us know your experience. I've only used LL100 for taxi or flying. (Also, mogas not good for our tanks).Using only Mogas, this guy's fuel lines got a bad case of asthma. From Sonex builder:


  Dennis Martin

  173 FGE Chevy V-6 


  2a Autopsy on fuel line Tue Jul 2, 2013 7:24 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "sonex541" sonex541 Well after a long process of trying to figure out my problem , I took the fittings of each end , I'm convinced the auto fuel caused this problem , this plane has run 100 ll it's whole life , I wanted to run it a few months ago and went to my local brand name gas station and bought 6 gallons of fuel , I wasn't goin to fly with this fuel but just to run it every week or so during the winter months and get some heat and oil flowing , then when I would start flying It , i would drain it and put 100ll , from the fuel sitting in the fuel line it swelled the rubber inside the braided stainless hose , down to Probably 1/8 of an inch cutting of my fuel flow to the carb , causing the 2 gph fuel flow , . , it's amazing how much it swelled it up , especially closer to the ends were the fittings were threaded in , I cut hose in half and it's Probably down to 1/4th original diameter inside of that , 
  So cheap auto gas has caused me hours of grief and work , so me personally will never put that in any of my planes , ever 
  again!!!
  Adam Simmons 
  Sonex 541

  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130708/5d91cc7b/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list