REFLECTOR: Boost fuel pump switch
Don Johnston
numa at comcast.net
Sat Jul 6 17:04:49 CDT 2013
Tom,
Thanks.
Got that one figured out.
Now I'm trying to get the low voltage warning lights figured out. Wouldn't
be a problem if I was using straight 24v. But my lights are coming off a
LM317 dimmer.
It's always something. :-)
-Don
On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Tom Falls <tomfalls6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Don,
>
> I remembered your question when reviewing the section on switches in Bob
> Nuckolls AeroElectric Connection. The attached pic is from page 11-9 and
> shows 2 good examples of how to use a 2-10 switch (double pole on-on-on) to
> function as off-on-on.
>
> Tom
>
>
> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> This is a minor thing, but then again, it all about the minor things,
>> right?
>>
>> I'm starting on the wiring and I'm looking at the fuel boost pump. It's
>> got a high and low setting. Usually controlled with a standard SP3T switch
>> (ON-OFF-ON) with down = low, middle = off and up = high.
>>
>> I would like to have my switch so that down = off, middle = low and up =
>> high. My logic (flawed as it may be) is that I would like to visually and
>> tactically verify that everything is off by having all the switches in the
>> same position (down).
>>
>> This would typically be accomplished with a progressive switch. However
>> with a progressive switch the line which is "low" is switched on in the
>> middle AND up position. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for
>> the Dukes pump, but I'm guessing when "high" boost is needed, only the high
>> line should be switched on. Not the high AND low.
>>
>> Does anyone know if such a switch exists that would accomplish this goal?
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130706/7fc8f088/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list