REFLECTOR: brake pedals

Kevin Baker flykb at verizon.net
Fri Jul 5 17:27:36 CDT 2013


I would recommend buying from the factory.
They have good products that work and fit.
Also we should support the factory.

Thks
Kevin Baker 

.

On Jul 5, 2013, at 2:23 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't think there's that much of a weight difference with the vanity brake/rudder pedals. And I suspect that the amount of time/effort to make carbon fiber pedals would eclipse the gain (then again, who am I to talk about the E+T+C=G formula (Where E=effort, T=time, C=cost and B=benefit)). 
> 
> I suggest checking with Albert Khasky. He made a real nice set of pedals. If I didn't already have mine, I would see about getting a set like his. 
> 
> -Don
> 
> 
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Phil Hooper <phil at hdmnet.com> wrote:
>> I'm hesitant to purchase the factory metal brake pedals, at $350 I think, plus added weight. 
>> 
>> I was thinking of making a mold for the existing steps using dental alginate (my brother's a DDS and wife a dental tech!) and then fashioning to the resultant plaster mold pedals made of carbon fiber.  I can think why this may be a pain for a lot of reasons.  
>> 
>> Has anyone in the collective done so?  Thanks much.  Hope all had a happy 4th.  FINALLY, BUILDING EVERY DAY!
>> 
>> -- 
>> 
>> -- 
>> Phil Hooper
>> President
>> Harvest Development & Media Inc.
>> 19851 Yorba Linda Blvd., Suite 204
>> Yorba Linda, CA 92886
>> voice: 714.693.8745
>> fax: 714.777.0134
>> web: http://www.hdmnet.com/
>> email: phil at hdmnet.com
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130705/5fc80fa8/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list