REFLECTOR: Hudson VFR corridor yesterday
Mark Magee
edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:36:23 CST 2013
Geoff,
Awesome vid. Must've had her near idle to drive that slow... :)
BTW, I heard a Piper went down in the Hudson yesterday: two souls recovered cold but OK. I think they were on the VFR corridor sight-see also.
Mark B. Magee
N34XL XLFG
Sent from IPhone 4S
On Jan 28, 2013, at 6:37 AM, Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> One of the things I've been wanting to do since completing my plane was to fly the Hudson Valley corridor through NYC. Yesterday was a perfect day for it. Flew down to Greenwood Lake NJ (4N1) with a group of guys I fly with (152/172's, so I needed to give them a big head start). Had lunch there, then flew down the Hudson VFR corridor North to South, around the lady, back up North then back home to Worcester MA. It was a little bumpy, but a beautiful clear day. Let the AP keep it at 1100' (except around the Statue of Liberty, dropped down to 900). Speed limit is 140kts, so kept it around 120kts. Pretty spectacular views. Here's the video (GoPro mounted outside at the top/center of the windscreen):
>
> http://youtu.be/xz3QcBcKYhI
>
> Geoff
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130128/4ade8abb/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list