REFLECTOR: Landing Gear Pump Not Holding Pressure

Carl Hoffman hoffman3 at rcn.com
Sun Jan 6 15:52:50 CST 2013


Something is not making sense here. If both outlet tubes are capped off, 
where are the pressure switches that would cause the pump to cycle?
One of the outlets is for the up side, and the other is for the down 
side. Maybe you just have a faulty down side pressure switch somewhere 
causing it.
Over the past 12 1/2 years I've replaced mine twice.


On 1/6/2013 3:10 PM, Darrell & Nora Kufalk wrote:
> I was testing my landing gear on jack stands and gear pump began cycling
> every few seconds.  It would only do it in the down position.  I traced it
> down to the pump itself.  With both outlet tubes caped off it still cycles
> once or twice per second.  I pulled the pump out and removed the reservoir.
> I took apart what looks like 2 check valves and they look ok to me.  I'm not
> sure what to do next.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this?
>
> Darrell Kufalk
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



More information about the Reflector mailing list