REFLECTOR: Looking for Roof NACA Vent Documentation for SE (Mel Bina)

Dave T Nelson dtnelson at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 27 16:19:14 CST 2013


Mel, I'm one of the two you sent templates to.  I tried using them but
tried my own innovation... putting them on the cowl.  It didn't work at
all.  In the end, I purchased the premolded scoops from Velocity and
mounted them in my STD-RG per plans.  They work great!

Dave

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering


                                                                   
      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list               
          <reflector at tvbf.org>                                     
                                                                   
 Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Looking for Roof NACA Vent Documentation  
          for SE                                                   
                                                                   


I built my own in 2003 and sent a copy of the template to two people.  If
they read this I would like to ear how they turned out.  BTW, the ducts
come off with the cowl on my system.
Mel Bina
STD RG N14B  Sold

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:
  That makes sense if shipping overseas, but not if in north America? Much
  faster ans easier to use pre-made NACA's.



  -------- Original Message --------
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Looking for Roof NACA Vent Documentation for SE
  From: Paul Folkes <ausvelocity at gmail.com>
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
  Date: 02/26/2013 06:44 PM

   I asked the factory for a couple of pre-moulded scoops for my XL but
   it was going to be a lot cheaper (maybe not easier!) to make my own
   rather than ship them oversease to me, and so Scott sent me a detailed
   set of instructions plus a paper template.
   Give him a call.

   Paul Folkes
   XLRG
   VH-VVH
   building but a loooooong way to go!

   On 27/02/2013, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:
     The factory does sell a pair of naca scoops that you can install in
     the
     roof.  Its pretty self explanatory.

     Scott

     -------- Original Message --------
     Subject: REFLECTOR: Looking for Roof NACA Vent Documentation for SE
     From: Don White <don at eaa724.org>
     To: reflector at tvbf.org
     Date: 02/26/2013 12:17 PM

      I read in the Reflector that Velocity put out a document a long time
      ago
      on how to build your own Roof NACA Vents for the engine.   Does
      anybody
      still have a copy of this document that can be sent to me?

      Thank you,
      Don
      don at eaa724.org
      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit
      http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives:
      http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


     --
     Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
     Albert Einstein
     _______________________________________________
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130227/4b33afbb/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list