REFLECTOR: Liquid electrical tape

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:03:05 CST 2013


Ron,

I used a different brand that I got from AS but the same idea.  I was concerned with exposure of electrical connections in the nose.  I have a retract and the exposure to the elements is far greater than a fixed gear.  As to the comment, "Why would you have corrosion?", any thing that is operated outdoors and has electrical connections can and probably will have some degradation of electrical connections over time.  Air contains oxygen H2O and lots of pollution all of which cause corrosion.  Any electrical connection that is in danger of getting wet is at higher risk.

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: Ron N VelocityXLFG 
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 9:27 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Liquid electrical tape


Any one use this type of product on your electrical connections.
Seems like a good idea to keep connections tight and free of corrosion.

            


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130225/cd206bf8/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 2359972-1-l.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 34045 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130225/cd206bf8/attachment-0001.jpg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list