REFLECTOR: O-360

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 07:07:05 CST 2013


I have an LIO-360 which I recently built.  The main (and expensive)
difference is the cam as that's the only thing that's unique to the LIO/LO
which makes them rather scarce.  Mags, oil pump et cetera are not as hard
to come by or get refurbed.  If you do plan to rebuild and you find you
have a bad cam, might be cheaper to convert it back to an O.

The oddball prop is not a huge deal, Catto made one for me (same price) and
I'm pretty sure MT makes a left turning prop.  I was actually able to find
a second, spare used Catto prop as well.

Geoff

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM, steve korney <s_korney at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I would think that every thing that runs off the crank gear would have
> to be left hand drive... Mags, oil pump, cam.. prop gov. Propeller....Maybe
> tach drive, ,  Look online for more information...
>
>
>
> Steve
>
> > From: gattenby at tulsaconnect.com
> > Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:21:22 -0600
> > To: reflector at tvbf.org
> > Subject: REFLECTOR: O-360
>
> >
> >
> > What is the difference between an 0-360 and a LO-360?
> > Ok. I know the "L" means the crank turns the other way. But internal? I
> assume the cyl and pistons would be the same. Is the crank different?
> > How big of a pain would it be to convert one from left to right?
> > How good of a deal would a lefty have to be to offset the $ of an
> oddball prop?
> > Any other "gotcha's" to figure in?
> >
> > Noel
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130223/9ab285aa/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list