REFLECTOR: Fuel imbalance

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 19:41:52 CST 2013


Hi Sid,
It was a spell check fail, to clarify for those who can't interpret an iPhone spell check fail: 'awl iron' was 'aileron' in my brain. Corrected last sentence: 

>>  I think this can happen when we are not flying a crab angle, but with with an autopilot only using aileron control to maintain heading.

Sorry all. I'm not quite adept at interpreting an iPhone spell check fail.

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4S

On Feb 15, 2013, at 6:44 PM, "sbjknox" <sbjknox at earthlink.net> wrote:

> From: "Mark Magee" <edjonesbrady at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel imbalance
> 
> 
>> Hi Richard,
>> When I flew from Deer Valley AZ to Brady TX 2 years ago in my XLFG I must have had a N wind on a W to E course for halfway home I had nothing showing on my starboard tank, port side nearly full. TruTrack Otto holding a heading on the heading bug had my left wing down and I drained that starboard tank. I think this can happen when we are not flying a crab angle, but with with an autopilot only using awl iron control to maintain heading
>> 
>> Mark B. Magee
>> N34XL
>> Sent from IPhone 4S
> 
> This makes no sense to me.  But then, I don't know what "...only using awl iron control to maintain heading" means.
> So you were flying wuth the ball off-center??
> 
> Sid Knox
> Oklahoma
> 
> Velocity  173 RG  N199RS
> Starduster  N666SK
> KR2         N24TC
> W7QJQ
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list