REFLECTOR: Fuel imbalance
Kevin Baker
flykb at verizon.net
Fri Feb 15 18:21:30 CST 2013
Ahhhhh good point Mark
Ill add that to the list of things
I had not thought of that.
What a great group
Kevin Baker
.
On Feb 15, 2013, at 5:27 PM, Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> When I flew from Deer Valley AZ to Brady TX 2 years ago in my XLFG I must have had a N wind on a W to E course for halfway home I had nothing showing on my starboard tank, port side nearly full. TruTrack Otto holding a heading on the heading bug had my left wing down and I drained that starboard tank. I think this can happen when we are not flying a crab angle, but with with an autopilot only using awl iron control to maintain heading
>
> Mark B. Magee
> N34XL
> Sent from IPhone 4S
>
> On Feb 15, 2013, at 2:40 PM, "Richard J. Gentil" <richard at naples-air-center.com> wrote:
>
>> Last Sunday I was flying back to Naples, FL from Augusta, GA in my SERG. I took off with 25 a side.
>>
>> As I flew down the right tank was the only tank feeding fuel to the sump tank. When I hit the VNAV point for Naples the right tank was at 6 gallons.
>>
>> When I stated to descend the left tank started to feed the sump tank and actually transfer fuel to the right tank.
>>
>> Any ideas what could have been going on?
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone 5
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list