REFLECTOR: Fuel imbalance

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Fri Feb 15 16:49:45 CST 2013


Thank you all I will do. 

Richard 

Sent from my iPhone 5

On Feb 15, 2013, at 5:18 PM, Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net> wrote:

> I concur - classic cap leak
> Check the cap gasket for sealing / leaks
> 
> Kevin Baker
> 
> .
> 
> On Feb 15, 2013, at 3:59 PM, "Grover McNair" <grover at mcnairperformance.com> wrote:
> 
>> Sounds like the cap was not sealing well on the left side. Air flow over the
>> top of the wing may cause the pressure to drop if the cap does not seal
>> well. Check your vent system as well.
>> Grover McNair
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>> Behalf Of Richard J. Gentil
>> Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 3:40 PM
>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>> Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel imbalance
>> 
>> Last Sunday I was flying back to Naples, FL from Augusta, GA in my SERG. I
>> took off with 25 a side. 
>> 
>> As I flew down the right tank was the only tank feeding fuel to the sump
>> tank. When I hit the VNAV point for Naples the right tank was at 6 gallons. 
>> 
>> When I stated to descend the left tank started to feed the sump tank and
>> actually transfer fuel to the right tank. 
>> 
>> Any ideas what could have been going on?
>> 
>> Richard
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone 5
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list