REFLECTOR: carbon socks

Dan Schindler danpilot91 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 18:40:45 CST 2013


When I did mine I wrapped them in peel ply and vacuum bagged them. They came out perfect. I used a large clear trash bag for the plastic and duct taped one end


Dan Schindler

On Feb 10, 2013, at 12:00 PM, reflector-request at tvbf.org wrote:

> Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
>    reflector at tvbf.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>    http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>    reflector-request at tvbf.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>    reflector-owner at tvbf.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1.  Carbon sock reinforcing (Phil Hooper)
>   2. Re:  Carbon sock reinforcing (Scott Derrick)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 16:52:01 -0800
> From: Phil Hooper <phil at hdmnet.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Carbon sock reinforcing
> Message-ID:
>    <CAOToq0X4z4W2oVH1QBhKFs73wsjQB9eyxNmRPGW81THV5VNtSQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> I'm about to wrap my XLRG legs with the carbon socks from the factory.  My
> current legs fit nicely with 1/32 to 1/8th inch of clearance during range
> of motion, in the fuselage wall.  I am assuming I am going to have to expand
> the openings to accomodate.
> 
> Looks like a messy job as well.   When all the layers have been goo'd on, I
> was thinking of wrapping with peel ply and a tight layer of duct tape for
> compaction.
> 
> Any advice from the collective, do's and don'ts?   Thanks much.
> 
> -- 
> **
> -- 
> *Phil Hooper
> *President*
> * *Harvest Development & Media Inc.*
> 19851 Yorba Linda Blvd., Suite 204
> Yorba Linda, CA 92886
> 
> *voice:* 714.693.8745
> *fax:* 714.777.0134
> *web:* http://www.hdmnet.com/
> *email:* phil at hdmnet.com
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130209/83d7371e/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 18:23:23 -0700
> From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Carbon sock reinforcing
> Message-ID: <5116F68B.1040907 at tnstaafl.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130209/91b95859/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
> 
> End of Reflector Digest, Vol 95, Issue 9
> ****************************************



More information about the Reflector mailing list