REFLECTOR: Bildge Fan
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Feb 8 09:05:37 CST 2013
Completely Blocking the outlet duct would overheat the engine oil. I installed a operable door on the outlet duct like a cowl duct on mine. It does two things. When fully open it provides a lower pressure on the outlet and moves more air through the cooler, thus keeping my oil cooler . In the closed position, about 1/4 open, it provides enough pressure in the outlet duct to push warm air into the front cabin. The pressure in the outlet duct is still lower than the inlet duct so enough air is moving through the cooler to provide some oil cooling.
Ron N VelocityXLFG <velocityxl at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>No my install would be different from yours but I tried a bilge fan on
>the front oil cooler. It did not work very well,
>not enough cfm to really do the job. The blower in most cars has got to
>be 3-4 times more cfm a than a bilge fan for sure.
>I got almost nothing out of my ducts using the Blower motor.
>
>My 2 cents
>
>Ron
>
>On 2/7/2013 4:50 PM, Ruben Creus wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I know I ask this question every year, but I keep forgetting the
>> answers when it gets warm.
>>
>> I am thinking on installing a bilge fan in front of the oil cooler and
>> block the external air to recycle cabin air and hopefully getting
>> better heat in the cabin. I remember from last year that someone
>> talked about bilge fans and its CFM... so I wonder if any of you
>> have any input on this.
>>
>> Again, I am sorry to ask again every winter but my brain must be too
>> cold to remember what was said last year.
>>
>> *Ruben G. Creus*
>>
>> Ë+1.571.215.0025
>>
>> *ruben at vainneg.com <mailto:ruben at vainneg.com>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130208/f170e759/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list