REFLECTOR: MT Prop Damage

Dave T Nelson dtnelson at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 7 07:15:17 CST 2013


Mark,

I had similar damage to my MT quite a few years ago, on a flight into the
Oshkosh airshow.  I went to the MT booth and grabbed / dragged Eric out to
my plane for an inspection.  He told me that as long as the SS leading edge
hadn't broken (no holes or cracks), that I should be OK - repair with JB
Weld and watch carefully.  That was at least 200 hours ago... I keep a
close eye on it, but I haven't seen any issues.  My damage didn't appear
quite as bad, but I'd sure try the JB weld route first.  Sorry, no picture
handy...

Dave

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130207/93f80624/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list